Whether you’re planning a neighborhood BBQ, your kid’s first birthday party, or a pool party, it’s time to spruce up your backyard. If you’re having some friends over, you want it to look great. Here’s a few different ways to not only make your backyard functional but also a fun place to hang out with friends.
- Add a storage bin – You don’t need pool toys, kids toys, or gardening equipment just hanging around the backyard. They need a home. Check out this Harbor Wicker Storage Bin from Kirklands.
- Add some comfortable seating. You don’t want to make people stand, and you don’t want them to feel awkward trying to comfortably sit on a small bench. These White Wash Wood Adirondack Chairs are my absolute favorite for backyard seating. They’re extremely comfortable and helps people relax a bit. They’re also very appealing to the eyes. These Outdoor Rocking Lounger’s are great for lounging by the pool. This Hatteras Peppercorn Wicker Rocker is also a favorite. If you’re looking for more of a garden chair, this Black Butterfly Metal Patio Chair would be perfect.
- Add a few fresh pillows to your chairs, benches, and other outdoor seats. Assuming your furniture is neutral, add some bright pops of color. Try to stick to a few bright colors everywhere as a theme. For example, you could add lots of navy and white, or maybe pink orange and white. By sticking to a few colors, it will look like the room is really tied together well. Here are a few of my favorite pillows you can base a color theme off of:
- Add a Rug – This will make it feel more like an actual space that has been designed to relax in. Depending on the vibe you are going for, here are a few great choices. The Madura Buffalo Check Outdoor Area Rug is one of the most popular choices. You can find it in all different colors, shapes, and sizes. Another great choice is the Blue Patterned Piazza Outdoor Area Rug. This one isn’t as bold, but still has some color in it. Lastly, if you want one that has a bit more of an outdoor feel, check out the Brown Kathleen Scroll Outdoor Area Rug.
- Add Some Wall Decor – Just like the inside of your house, add some wall decor to make your backyard or patio feel a little more “homey”. This fun Deck Rules Wall Plaque would be a go perfect above your grill!. If you want something a bit more functional, this Shiplap Outdoor Thermometer Clock would be a great addition. It is a clock that also displays the temperature.. how cool is that? There’s a reason it’s a best seller!
- Drink Accessories – You’re having guests over, correct? Well.. What’s a party without the food and drinks? Don’t serve your friends on your every day indoor dishes! It’s the little things that make the biggest difference, right?! Here are my favorites:
So, there you have it! Don’t these accessories just make you so excited to show off?! Though this is not a complete guide, these few items will be sure to have your friends talking! Go check them out now!